The Technical Services Supervisor is responsible for leading the Technical Services staff and ensuring that the Technical Services team provides excellent service to customers. This position also requires overseeing the receiving, scheduling, installation, repair, and upgrade of multiple computer platforms, printers and other peripheral equipment under the responsibility of Store Management.
This position typically reports to:
• the Store Manager
If you love technology and you love people then this is the job for you!
Email your resume to :
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Trains and develops service advisors to ensure proper execution of the sales process and check in procedure.
• Ensures customer satisfaction throughout constant follow up, expedited service and daily communication.
• Maintains organized, efficient, customer friendly work area.
• Works with other departments to drive technical service sales and increase overall productivity and profitability.
• Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities for Technical staff to provide technical direction, set project priorities, and ensure Technical activities are completed on time using project planning and organizational techniques.
• Interviews prospective employees to select the best qualified candidates for vacant positions using interviewing techniques and technical expertise.
• Communicates orally with store employees and management, vendors and the general to obtain and distribute technical information, advise on technical projects, resolve technical conflicts, and set priorities using technical expertise and oral communication skills.
• Monitors and evaluates employees' work performance to advise staff of the requirements and expectations of their positions and provide feedback using direct observation and oral/written communication.
• Interprets and disseminates information to inform employees and clients, and provide responses to their questions using oral and written communications and technical expertise.
• Prepares and/or reviews written reports (e.g. monthly activity, special, status, statistical, informational, etc.) to communicate project status, statistical data, security violations, and other information to management using written communications.
• Develops short and long range plans to provide input to management on the Department and Section strategic plans using strategic planning techniques, technical expertise, and a personal computer.
• Prepares and conducts briefings and oral presentations to management or other executives to report information, answer questions, and seek project approval using technical expertise and oral communications skills.
• Reviews and administers contracts, agreements and/or leases to ensure service is in compliance with contract specifications, and to verify the accuracy of invoice figures using the actual contracts and invoices.
• Negotiates service level agreements and improvements in the problem management process with computer hard-ware/software vendors to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of computer systems using interpersonal relations.
Education and Experience
• Requires four (4) years of professional experience providing systems programming and technical support in a mainframe-based environment for a large (1,000+ workforce) employer, including one (1) year of supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of: (at entry)
• The functionality of network operating systems and their hardware components (e.g. modems, telecommunications links, controllers, gateways, routers, etc.).
• The principles and practices of planning and research including operational and long-range strategic planning.
• The technology and terminology of automated systems.
• The principles of supervision for the purpose of providing direction, assigning tasks and ensuring work product is accurate and complete.
• Team concepts (e.g. team building, leadership, participation, group problem solving techniques, etc.) to direct activities of a unit.
• The techniques of interviewing for the purpose of recommending staff selections.
• Crisis management techniques.
• Various applications software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, etc.).
Skill in: (at entry)
• The use of computer (e.g. mainframe, UNIX, microcomputer, network, etc.) hardware and peripherals (e.g. hard drive, disk drives, monitors, keyboards, printers, modems, etc.).
• Written communications for both administrative and technical purposes.
• Project management (e.g. planning, costing, organizing, coordinating, and supervising projects of varying size and magnitude.).
• The use of personal computer hardware and software.
• Communicating orally in one-on-one and group situations.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.