Full Time Head Cashier Markham
|October 03, 2013 - January 20, 2014|
|Location:||Markham, ON (Canada)|
|Benefits:||Major Medical, Dental, Vision Care, Employee Purchase|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Head Cashier is responsible for positively impacting the customer’s shopping experience by effectively training, supervising, and directing customer service team members and cashiers. Make customer-oriented decisions in keeping with TigerDirect philosophies and business practices.|
Please send your resume to:
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities|
• Effectively train and direct the activities of cashiers assigned to the front end and set the standard for customer service.
• Accurately perform opening and/or closing functions; monitor performance of associates assigned to the front-end during opening/closing. Maintain cash office files and reports.
• Ensure that associates assigned to the front-end consistently follow all policies and procedures including established safety procedures; communicate issues to management.
• Perform cash pulls, and make change orders and deposits in accordance with established policies.
• Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
• Support the store’s shrink awareness program and advise management of any unusual activity. Train team members to do the same.
• Ensure that merchandise displays in the front-end area are clean, organized, and well-stocked.
• Ensure return merchandise is restocked to the correct product location on the sales floor, all damaged and defective merchandise is properly labeled and placed in appropriate area at the end of each shift.
• Monitor the store’s operational reports to identify opportunities for improved store execution.
• Provide assistance in all areas of the store based on business needs; perform all other tasks and assignments as requested by store management.
• Demonstrates a commitment to TigerDirect core values of safety, integrity, process improvement, and customer satisfaction.
• The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience|
• Retail electronics and/or technology experience a plus.
• High school diploma or equivalent
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.